Eye Conditions Treated at Lehigh Valley Eyecare Associates
From the fuzziness of astigmatism to the potential blindness threatened by glaucoma, your eyes and vision face a variety of threats in the course of your life. That's why it's so reassuring to have Lehigh Valley Eyecare Associates as your Allentown optometrists.
Eye emergencies happen when we least expect it, and we provide emergency at all times of the day, during and after our operating hours at our office for ocular emergencies such as eye injuries or trauma. We can diagnose and treat:
- Refractive Errors - Myopia (nearsightedness), hyperopia (farsightedness), astigmatism (blurry areas due to corneal abnormalities) and presbyopia (loss of near focus ability in the aging lens) are all common refractive errors. In each case, light entering the eye is refracted abnormally, distorting vision. Our refractive and visual acuity testing can determine the precise degree of your myopia, hyperopia, astigmatism or presbyopia so we can provide eyeglasses or contact lenses to correct your vision.
- Dry Eyes - Dry eyes occur when your tear film's ingredients (water, mucous and oil) are unbalanced or the tear quantity is inadequate to lubricate, hydrate and protect the eye. It leaves sufferers with blurred vision, itchy red eyes and sometimes even corneal problems. We can discover the underlying cause of your dry eyes and apply the appropriate remedies.
- Computer Vision Syndrome - Computer vision syndrome, a side effect of extended monitor screen usage, causes dry, red eyes, eye fatigue, headaches and other discomforts. We can provide glare-cutting eyeglasses and lifestyle recommendations to help you overcome it.
- Eye Infection - Few conditions are more immediately irritating than an eye infection such as conjunctivitis (pinkeye). We can prescribe the right medications to kill the underlying germ, soothe your infected eye and help you recover quickly.
- Glaucoma - Glaucoma may take years to cause obvious vision loss (beginning with peripheral vision), even as it's slowly destroying your optic nerves. Our eye exams use tonometry (pressure testing), viewing of the optic nerve tissue, and vision testing to help detect this cause of blindness early enough to get in under control via medication.
- Cataracts - Cataracts typically occur as an age-related clouding of the lens, although they can also be caused by medications, intense UV exposure or underlying illnesses such as diabetes. If our eye exam reveals a cataract in the making, we will monitor its progress, correcting your vision as needed and recommending lifestyle practices to slow its development. When the time comes, we can refer you for cataract removal surgery and co-manage your recovery process.
- Retinal Diseases - Retinal diseases such as macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy may slowly rob your retinas of their ability to gather light and create images. Regular eye exams allow us to catch these issues early, dispense medical/lifestyle advice and prescribe medications to protect your remaining eyesight.
- Eye injuries- Our eyes are exposed to potential dangers every day, whether it is working in a hazardous work environment or from simply being at home. If you ever experience an eye emergency such as abrasions, debris causing damage or trauma, we offer emergency care during and after hours.
Experiencing Signs of Myopia, Dry Eyes or Eye Infection? Take Advantage of Our New Client Specials!
Whether you're suffering from dry eyes, myopia or another current eye condition or you just want to protect yourself against the earliest stages of such conditions, Lehigh Valley Eyecare Associates is standing by to help. We even offer two new patient specials to make it that much easier. Right now you can get 15% off your first eye exam or 20% off a second complete pair of glasses, so there's no better time than the present to call us at (610) 432-3258!
We Offer Emergency Eye Care At All Times of the Day!
We offer emergency eye care during and after hours because we understand that emergencies can happen at any time, which is why we are here for you at all times of the day. It’s important to get care right away when trauma happens, especially to your eyes, to prevent any further damage. You don’t have to wait long hours at the ER, come to us for your emergency eye needs, located right in our office. Our Allentown optometrists are here for you! Call us at (610) 432-3258!